§ Sir John Stanley
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what criteria he is using in making allocations of funding from the Human Rights Fund. 
§ Mr. Tony Lloyd
[holding answer 13 July 1998]: Priority is given to projects which contribute to the following themes:
- children's rights, including commercial sexual exploitation;
- media, including training;
- rule of law co-operation, including training and prison reform;
- support for the development of civil society;
- country specific projects outside the scope of the above but which contribute to the human rights strategy of missions and FCO Geographical Commands.
Additional priority is given to projects in any of these areas which promote the advancement of women and equality of opportunity for men and women.