HC Deb 10 March 1997 vol 292 c22W
Mr. Betts

To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what percentage of bills to his Department were paid(a) in accordance with agreed contractual conditions and (b)within 30 days of receiving goods and services or the presentation of a valid invoice where no contractual conditions applied in the last year for which figures are available. [18809]

Mrs. Angela Knight

[holding answer 6 March 1997]: In the current financial year to date, the Treasury has paid 96.8 per cent. of its bills within contractual conditions. These normally require payment within 30 days of the receipt of the invoice. Bills in dispute constitute the great majority of the remaining 3.2 per cent.