§ Mr. Spellar
Since its launch in October 1994, the Disposal Sales Agency has achieved over £340 million in gross sales receipts and has made significant efficiency savings. The following key targets set for the chief executive for this financial year have a continuing focus on receipts, for improvement in the services provided by the agency.
- 1. To achieve disposal sales income of £48 million from Government-to-Government sales of surplus capital equipment and stores.
- 2. To achieve disposal sales income of £30 million from commercial sales of MOD's surplus items.
- 3. To offer the agency's disposal service to the wider public sector market to secure £2 million in sales income on behalf of new non-MOD customers.
- 4. To expand the agency's disposal services to cover waste disposal for MOD and the wider public sector market—to undertake market research, selection of approved contractors and the placement of appropriate contracts by 31 March 1998.
- 5. To introduce new agency information technology systems and trial link to IT storage and marketing contractor by 30 September 1997.
- 6. To secure investors in people accreditation by 31 March 1998.
- 7. To achieve key targets and other management actions within cash budgetary allocation of £3.5 million.