§ Mr. Jacques Arnold
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence if he will make a statement detailing the key targets which have been set for the Disposal Sales Agency for financial year 1995–96.
§ Mr. Arbuthnot
The chief executive of the Disposal Sales Agency has been set the following targets for financial year 1995–96. The agency made significant efficiency savings in 1994–95 and the 1995–96 targets build on that achievement.
- 1. To achieve disposal sales revenue of £53 million within budgetary cost allocation.
- 2. To improve efficiency through the contractorisation of sales and introduction of further viable storage and marketing agreements (joint ventures with industry) to limit the Agency's direct selling to Government-to-Government sales and to those direct sales offering best value for money.
- 3. To secure efficiency savings of 2.5 per cent. against the Agency's net annual budget.
- 4. To achieve full recovery on non-MOD work.
- 5. To achieve customer satisfaction as measured by satisfaction surveys.
To implement Performance Indicators covering Timeliness, Financial Performance, Quality and Output.