§ Mr. Bradley
To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Employment what are the pilot areas for the trials on the implementation of the jobseeker's allowance; and what is being undertaken in each pilot area. 
§ Mr. Forth
Responsibility for the subject of the question has been delegated to the Employment Service under its chief executive. I have asked him to arrange for a reply to be given.
Letter from M. E. G. Fogden to Mr. Keith Bradley, dated 4 December 1995:The Secretary of State has asked me to reply to your question about Jobseeker's Allowance trial offices.Jobseeker's Allowance implementation trials are currently taking place in Employment Service Jobcentres (ESJ) in the following locations:
- Exeter, Barnstable, Newton Abbott (all in Devon)
- Alnwick, Jarrow (North East)
- Porthmadog, Cardiff (Wales)
- Norwich (Norfolk)
- Madeley (Shropshire)
- Cheetham Hill (Manchester)
- Goole (Humberside)
- Bathgate (Edinburgh)Additional trials will be undertaken in an ESJ in Tottenham, North London commencing 4th December.These offices are examining various Jobseeker's Allowance processes under current legislation, including new claims, fortnightly job search reviews, enquiries and change of circumstances. The outcomes from these trials will inform the Jobseeker's Allowance project nationally and locally.I hope this is helpful.