HC Deb 04 December 1995 vol 268 cc108-9W
Mr. Robert McCartney

To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland if he will institute an interdepartmental policy group to address the problems of those who live adjacent to common land and thoroughfares where anti-social elements gather; and if he will make it his policy to enclose publicly owned common land where persistent offences occur. [2507]

Sir John Wheeler

At present there are no plans to institute an interdepartmental policy group on these issues.

The Northern Ireland Office and Northern Ireland Departments do not have a policy to enclose lands to which the public has access; rather, where offences occur, they take whatever steps are necessary to address the problem in consultation with the RUC.

Forward to