§ Mr. William Ross
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland what performance targets have been set for the Rate Collection Agency in 1993–94.
§ Mr. Atkins
For 1993–94, the following performance targets have been set for the agency:—
- 1. To reduce rating debt to 1.83 per cent. of the gross collectable rate, excluding late assessments, by 31 March 1994.
- 2. To achieve a reduction of 2 per cent. in the real value of the unit costs of collecting rates per hereditament.
- 3. To generate refunds to 96 per cent. of ratepayers so entitled within 14 days of credits being identified.
- 4. To process by 31 March 1994, 94 per cent. of applications for the incoming year received from existing housing benefit recipients before 15 March 1994.
- 5. To achieve a reduction of 1.8 per cent. in the real value of unit costs of processing housing benefit cases.
- 6. To assess 96 per cent. of housing benefit claims free of error.