HC Deb 09 March 1993 vol 220 c495W
Mr. Blunkett

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what legislation exists to regulate independent companies which are providing continuing care for the elderly; and if she will make a statement.

Mr. Yeo

Statutory control of homes providing long-term care for anyone who needs it is provided under the provisions of the Registered Homes Act 1984 and its associated regulations.