HC Deb 25 February 1993 vol 219 c698W
Mr. Wigley

To ask the Secretary of State for Wales which social services department in Wales has agreed to operate his Department's guidelines for funding drug abuse centres in Wales from April 1993 onwards; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Gwilym Jones

The Welsh Office has not issued separate guidance relating specifically to the funding of residential facilities for drug misusers. General guidance has, however, been issued on the financing of community care, including the sum transferred from the Department of Social Security.

Local councils are, therefore, aware of the amounts being transferred to them and of the purpose for which the amounts are intended; including services for drug misusers. We will be monitoring how councils spend these sums.

Back to