HC Deb 16 January 1992 vol 201 cc644-5W
Mr. Blunkett

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment what plans he has to require certain local authorities to make a transfer from their housing revenue account to their general fund; if he will list the authorities involved; and if he will make a statement.

Sir George Young

Schedule IV to the Local Government and Housing Act 1989 requires a local housing authority to make a transfer from its housing revenue account to some other revenue account if its housing revenue account subsidy calculation results in a negative amount. The transfer must be equal to that amount. An authority not entitled to housing revenue account subsidy may also transfer any end-of-year surplus on its housing revenue account to some other revenue account. In 1991–92 the following authorities are expected to transfer an estimated total of £23,286,882 from their housing revenue accounts:

  • Barking and Dagenham
  • Newbury
  • Swale
  • Suffolk Coastal
  • South Wight
  • St. Edmundsbury
  • Wandsdyke
  • Medina
  • Epson and Ewell
  • Sevenoaks
  • Tonbridge and Malling
  • North Bedfordshire
  • Broadland
  • East Dorset
  • Mid Bedfordshire
  • West Oxfordshire
  • Wycombe
  • South Bucks

Forward to