§ Mr. Bill Walker
To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will announce the membership and terms of reference of the AIDS task force for Scotland.
§ Mr. Michael Forsyth
I am pleased to announce that the following persons have agreed to serve on the task force, which I shall chair:
- Dr. G. E. Bath—Consultant in Public Health Medicine and AIDS Co-ordinator, Lothian Health Board.
- Dr. J. S. Berkeley—Consultant in Public Health Medicine and AIDS Co-ordinator, Grampian Health Board.
- Mr. J. Chant—Director of Social Work, Lothian Region Council.
- Mr. J. Christie—Deputy Director of Education, Tayside Regional Council.
- Professor F. Edwards, Director of Social Work, Strathclyde Regional Council.
- Dr. L. Gruer—Consultant in Public Health Medicine and AIDS Co-ordinator, Greater Glasgow Health Board.
- Dr. D. H. Kennedy—Consultant Physician, Greater Glasgow Health Board.
- Mr. A. M. Macpherson—Scottish Advisory Committee, National AIDS Trust.
- Mrs. M. Moore—Director, Scottish AIDS Monitor.
- Dr. K. A. M. Porter-Boveri—Consultant in Public Health Medicine and AIDS Co-ordinator, Tayside Health Board.
- Dr. J. R. Robertson—General Medical Practitioner, Muirhouse Medical Group, Edinburgh.
- Mrs. J. Roulston—Projects Manager, The Aberlour Child Care Trust.
- Dr. A. Tannahill—General Manager, Health Education Board for Scotland.
- Miss A. Thomson—Clinical Nurse Specialist, Greater Glasgow Health Board.
The terms of reference of the task force are as follows: In the light of existing and emerging data on the incidence of HIV and AIDS in Scotland:
I am confident that the task force, which will meet for the first time on 19 July, will make a significant contribution to our efforts to tackle the problem of HIV and AIDS in Scotland.
- —to review current activities to prevent the spread of the virus;
- —to consider what further practical measures might be taken; and
- —to access the effectiveness of the present arrangements for co-ordination of action at national and local level.