§ Mr. Tim Smith
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what specific financial, efficiency and quality of service targets he has approved for the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency for the current year and for the longer term.
§ Mr. Atkins
The major targets set for DVLA are:
- (1) Financial—to achieve a 6.1 per cent. efficiency gain in its workload unit cost performance.
- (2) Efficiency—to improve its overall productivity by a further 2 per cent.
- (3) Quality of service
- (a)—To turn round Driver and Vehicle transactions as follows:
- (i) Driver licences—turn round 90 per cent. of those received within six days of receipt.
- (ii) Vehicle transactions—turn round 90 per cent. within eight to 10 days of receipt.
Full details of the 1990–91 targets are contained in the DVLA business plan, copies of which are placed in the House of Commons Library. Targets beyond 1991–92 have yet to be set.