HC Deb 05 June 1990 vol 173 c503W
Mr. Churchill

To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Science what is the average cost of rented accommodation for university students studying in central London for whom in-college accommodation is not available.

Mr. Jackson

Information on the rents paid by students is not collected in the form requested. However, a survey of student income and expenditure conducted by Research Services Ltd in the 1988–89 academic year contains some information about accommodation costs faced by students living in London. A copy of the survey report is in the Library.