§ Mr. Galbraith
To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will give any elected local government positions held at any time in the past by persons who will be health board chairmen as from 1 April, including their political affiliations.
§ Mr. Michael Forsyth
The information is as follows:—
Chairmen of health boards and elected local government positions held
- Mr. J. D. Ryan CBE—Argyll and Clyde. Member of Renfrew County Council 1968–70; Greenock Corporation 1972–75; and Inverclyde District Council 1974–77 (Labour)
- Mr. W. S. Fyfe OBE—Ayrshire and Arran. Member of Prestwick Town Council 1967–73; and Ayr County County 1970–72 (Conservative).
- Dr. D. H. Pringle CBE—Borders. None.
- Mr. J. A. McIntyre JP—Dumfries and Galloway. None.
- Mrs. A. H. Ferguson—Fife. None.
Mrs. J. I. D. Isbister—Forth Valley. Member of Stirling District Council 1980–84 (Conservative).
Mr. J. Kyle—Grampian. None.
Dr. T. J. Thomson CBE—Greater Glasgow. None.
Mr. J. McWilliam OBE—Highland. None.
Mrs. B. M. Gunn OBE JP—Lanarkshire. Member of Lanark County Council 1970–74; and Strathclyde Regional Council 1974–82 (Conservative).
Mr. R. B. Weatherstone TD—Lothian. None.
Mr. J. D. M. Robertson OBE—Orkney. None.
Mrs. F. B. Grains JP—Shetland. Member of Shetland Islands Council 1978–82 and 1986 to present (Independent).
Mr. D. B. Grant TD—Tayside. None.
Mrs. M. A. Macmillan—Western Isles. Member of Stornoway Town Council; Ross and Cromarty County Council; and Western Isles Islands Council 1978–86 (Independent Conservative).