HC Deb 16 March 1988 vol 129 c600W
43. Mr. Eastham

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment if he has any proposals for bringing demolition of buildings in conservation areas under the control of the planning system; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Waldegrave

Most demolitions of any significance already require conservation area consent under the Town and Country Planning Act 1971. Similarly demolitions of listed buildings require listed building consent.