HC Deb 27 July 1988 vol 138 c344W
Mr. Tony Banks

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment if he will introduce legislation to control the sale of random strips of land required by private house builders for access to services; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Howard

No. Depending upon the location of a particular site for development, a wide variety of matters relating to neighbouring land may need to be dealt with by those who propose to develop the site and it is for them to ensure that they have made any arrangements for land acquisition, easements, and so on, that may be necessary for development.