§ Mr. Waldegrave
We are providing direct support in 1988–89 as follows:
- —£632,000 in grant so far approved for housing associations and secondary co-ops to provide housing management advice, education and training services to primary co-ops.
- —£53,000 towards the cost of staff employed by the National Federation of Housing Co-operatives.
The Housing Corporation is providing the following support in 1988–89 for co-ops which are registered housing associations:
- —£22.24 million so far allocated for the capital costs of schemes;
- —£3.58 million in mini-HAG for short-life projects (of which the bulk will go to co-op schemes);
- —£131,500 for secondary co-ops.
I announced on 16 June, at column 251, a review of the arrangements for promoting and supporting co-ops, and invited interested parties to submit representations by 29 July. I have asked the review team to report by the end of the year.