§ Mr. Wigley
To ask the Attorney-General if he will list the bodies with which consultations took place, and over what period, prior to the decision being made by Her Majesty's Government to close the Cardiff office of the social security commissioners.
§ The Attorney-General
Consultations on the proposal to close the Cardiff office of the Social Security Commissioners took place between 4 December 1985 and 31 January 1986.
The following individuals and organisations were invited to comment:
- The Welsh Office.
- The Department of Health and Social Security.
- National Association of Citizens Advice Bureau (South Wales Regional Office).
- Child Poverty Action Group.
- Council on Tribunals.
- Chief Social Security Commissioner.
- Mr. Roderic Bowen QC (the former Resident Welsh Social Security Commissioner).
- Lord Chancellor's Department Trade Union Side.
- The Staff of the Cardiff Office.
In addition, representations were received from the following:
- Mr. Griffith Owen George (Resident Welsh National Insurance Commissioner 1950–1967).
- Institute of Directors (Wales Division).
- Wales Trade Union Congress.