HC Deb 22 December 1988 vol 144 c399W
Mr. Meale

To ask the Secretary of State for Health if he will instruct the central Nottinghamshire district health authority to provide a list of the moneys payable to it from other health authorities for the provision of services for the mentally ill since 1987.

Mr. Freeman

It is for individual health authorities to plan local services and manage their budgets accordingly and it would be inappropriate for me to intervene in the way suggested. However, I understand that arrangements have been made to facilitate the transfer of patients from Saxondale hospital into central Nottinghamshire. I am sure that if the hon. Member contacts Mr. Teeman, the chairman of the district health authority, he will be able to obtain all available details.