§ Ms. Richardson
asked the Secretary of State for the Environment whether he will list (a) the members of the Commission for New Towns, (b) the criteria for selection of members, (c) the relevant qualifications of present members, (d) the number of Trades Union Congress-nominated places and (e) how many Trades Union Congress-nominated places are held by women.
§ Mrs. Roe
The members of the Commission for the New Towns are:
- Sir Neil Shields MC (chairman)
- Mr. A. Jones FSVA (deputy chairman)
- Mr. E. G. Barratt MA, FCA
- Lord Bellwin LL.B, JP
- Mr. R. B. Caws CBE, FRICS
- Mr. R. G. Luff FRICS
- Mr. W. J. Mackenzie OBE
- Mr. M. H. Mallinson FRICS
- Sir Gordon Roberts CBE, JP, DL
- Mr. P M. Vine CBE, MA, LL.M, M. Phil DL
Members are selected for the contributions they can make to the work of the commission which relates primarily to property management and the disposal of assets. Neither the Trades Union Congress nor any other organisation has any places in its gift.