§ Lord Kennet
asked Her Majesty's Government:
Whether they will list American bases established on territories under British sovereignty (except the United Kingdom), and, in each case, the instrument which governs the uses to be made of the bases.
§ Lord Trefgarne
US military facilities exist at Ascension Island, Bermuda and Diego Garcia under the following Instruments respectively:
- Agreement between the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Government of the United States of America concerning the extension of the Bahamas Long Range Proving Ground by the Establishment of Additional Sites in Ascension Island
- Dated 25th June 1956
- Treaty Series No. 25 (1956)
- Command 9810
- Agreement between the Governments of the United Kingdom and the United States of America relating to the Bases leased to the United States of America and Exchange of Notes.
- Dated 27th March 1941
- Treaty Series No. 2 (1941)
- Exchange of Notes between the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Government of the United States of America concerning a United States Navy Support Facility on Diego Garcia, British Indian Ocean Territory (The Diego Garcia Agreement 1976).
- Dated 25th February 1976
- Treaty Series No. 19 (1976)
- Command 6413