HC Deb 23 April 1986 vol 96 c161W
58. Mr. Peter Bruinvels

asked the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs if he will issue guidelines to local authorities on the criteria for selection of foreign cities or countries as partners in twinning arrangements; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Eggar

The United Kingdom's twinning agency is the Joint Twinning Committee of Local Authority Associations of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (the JTC), whose secretariat is staffed and housed by the British Council. The JTC gives guidance and practical assistance to British localities which are seeking a partner.