§ 49. Mr. Weetch
asked the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs if he will list those foreign policy areas in which the European Economic Community has adopted a common stand since 1983.412W
§ Sir Geoffrey Howe
Ministers of the Ten meeting in political co-operation have issued statements on the following topics since the end of 1983.
- 1. East/West relations (arms control and Soviet/Western dialogue).
- 2. The Arab/Israel conflict and the situation in Lebanon.
- 3. The Iran/Iraq conflict.
- 4. Central America and the Contadora process.
- 5. Terrorism and the abuse of diplomatic immunity.
- 6. South Africa (on the policy of apartheid).
- 7. Progress at the conference on disarmament in Europe.
- 8. The conference on security and co-operation in Europe and implementation of the Helsinki final act.
- 9. The political situation in Chile.
- 10. The political situation in Poland.
- 11. The situation in Afghanistan.
- 12. The political situation in Cyprus.
- 13. Mozambique and the Nkomati accord.
- 14. Military disengagement in southern Angola.
- 15. The situation in Namibia.
- 16. The political and economic situation in the Sudan.
- 17. Human rights abuses.
- 18. The agreement on the future of Hong Kong.
- 19. The "London Guidelines' for trade in nuclear materials, equipment and technology.
- 20. Controls on the export of chemical weapons.
- 21. The implementation of reform in UNESCO.
Copies of the statements were placed in the Library of the House when they were issued.