HC Deb 30 November 1984 vol 68 c609W
Mr. Adley

asked the Secretary of State for Transport, whether any compensation is available from his Department, in addition to that provided by the highway authority, for all environmental damage caused by road construction for all roads where any part of the funding emanates from his Department; and if he will make a statement.

Mrs. Chalker

Compensation entitlements under the Land Compensation Act 1973 arising from road construction works are met directly and in full by the highway authority who carried out the works. Where such compensation is payable by a local highway authority in respect of works funded in whole or in part by my Department, the authority receive appropriate reimbursement.