HC Deb 08 March 1984 vol 55 c681W
Mr. Hannam

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services (1) what provision is made for disabled people requiring sexual aids; and what information on such aids is available to disabled people and their families;

(2) what sexual counselling services are available to disabled people and their families; and what assistance the Government give to these services;

(3) what provision the Government make for information and advice to be made on sexual aspects of disability.

Mr. Newton

Such services are provided mainly by health authorities, and the information requested about them is not available centrally. The Department gives a grant to the Association to Aid the Sexual and Personal Relationships of the Disabled which gives advice to disabled people and their families and helps train those providing services in this field.

Forward to