HC Deb 13 June 1984 vol 61 cc469-70W
Mr. Waller

asked the Secretary of State for Transport when he will introduce regulations to require the use of vehicle-actuated portable traffic signals to control traffic during roadworks.

Mrs. Chalker

The traffic signs regulations already require, through the relevant equipment specification, that portable traffic signals shall have the capability of operating in the vehicle actuated mode with facilities for switching to fixed-time or manual control. I have no proposals to change this specification.

Forward to