§ Mr. Peter Bruinvels
asked the Secretary of State for the Environment how many representations he has received regarding his consideration of the proposed shopping complex Centre 21 at Enderby, Leicestershire; and if he will list them.
§ Mr. Macfarlane
The decision dismissing the appeal by Penwise Properties (Wakefield) Ltd. was quashed by the High Court. The appeal is now being redetermined. Representations in connection with the redetermination of the appeal have been received from two private individuals and the following 13 organisations or bodies:
- Leicester city council
- Harborough district council
- Gedling borough council
- Northampton borough council
- Leicestershire Co-operative Society Limited
- H. Samuel PLC
- The Leicester chamber of trade
- National Association of Shopkeepers
- The National Market Traders' Federation
- Messrs. Titmus, Sainer and Webb, solicitors, on behalf of Lewis' Limited
- Arthur Collin Ltd.
- Cecil Jacobs Ltd.
- Joseph Fox—furriers
In addition, my right hon. Friend the Member for Blaby (Mr. Lawson) and the hon. and learned Member for Leicester, West (Mr. Janner) have written to me on behalf of constituents.