HC Deb 07 May 1982 vol 23 cc147-8W
Mr. Pawsey

asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department what bodies or organisations, for the day-to-day work or administration of which he does not answer parliamentary questions, receive finance from his Department's Vote.

Mr. Whitelaw

Apart from making payments for services provided by other Government Departments and public corporations, and specific grants to local authorities, my Department gives grants to a wide variety of non-official bodies and contributes to the cost of several international organisations. It is also the sponsor Department for a number of executive bodies listed in "Non-Departmental Public Bodies—Facts and Figures 1981", some of which receive finance from my Votes. While I answer questions on the general principles underlying these grants, I do not answer for their detailed administration.