§ Mr. Stokes
asked the Secretary of State for Employment if he will list the various schemes now in existence, or proposed, to assist the unemployed in schemes of training for employment.
§ Mr. Alison
The information is as follows:
Schemes currently in existence
- Training opportunities scheme (TOPS)
- Youth opportunities programme
- Community industry*
- Community enterprise programme†
- The "Open Tech" programme
- The community programme scheme
- The new training initiative
* This temporary employment programme for particularly disadvantaged young people provides them with some training.
† Training provided under this programme is limited and is only given to a level which would enable the worker to carry out the task required or improve the worker's employment prospects.