HC Deb 28 January 1982 vol 16 c405W
Mr. David Atkinson

asked the Secretary of State for Trade what Government assistance is available to farmers in order to encourage them to provide holiday accommodation.

Mrs. Sally Oppenheim

In England financial assistance to help farmers with the capital costs of providing or improving tourist accommodation is available in certain areas. Projects in the assisted areas can be considered under the scheme operated by the English Tourist Board under section 4 of the Development of Tourism Act 1969. In addition, loans from the Council for Small Industries in Rural Areas may be available in the special development areas and development areas and in the Development Commission's special investment areas. Farmers throughout the whole of rural England can take advantage of the ETB's and COSIRA's advisory services. The forms of assistance for farmers in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are matters for the respective Secretaries of State.