HC Deb 16 December 1982 vol 34 c245W
Mr. Rooker

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services if national insurance records can be used to obtain the employer history of employees where it is necessary to know what industry or substances an employee worked in, or with, in respect of any claims made under the industrial injuries scheme; and if information is available for dates before 1948.

Mr. Rossi

The industrial injuries scheme requires the claimant to provide information about his employment(s); but in some cases of difficulty the Department can assist the claimant in establishing his employment history. The Department's own records are not comprehensive and no information is held about employments before 1948.