§ Mr. Mark Carlisle
Yes. I am today establishing a review of the Youth Service in England. I have asked it to report on present provision, both statutory and voluntary; to consider whether available resources could be deployed more effectively; and, in the light of this, to assess the need for legislation. The membership is as follows:
- Mr. Alan Thompson, lately deputy-secretary at my Department (Chairman)
- The Rev. Francis Cattermole, Director of the National Council for Voluntary Youth Services
- Mr. John Collins, Chairman, British Youth Council
- Mr. A. B. Hampton, Chairman, Record Ridgeway Limited, Sheffield, and President of the Engineering Employers' Federation
- Mr. Eric Hopwood, Senior Education Officer, Essex LEA
- Mr. W. R. Knight, Director of Educational Services, Bradford Mrs. Judith Walpole, Chairman, County Education Committee, Norfolk.