§ Mr. Trippier
asked the Secretary of State for Industry what published information is available through his Department's small firms service to encourage the development of the small business sector.
§ Mr. MacGregor
In order to assist small firms and those thinking of setting up their own business, the Department of Industry has recently published six booklets in the small firms series. The titles of the new booklets are:
- 1. Setting up a new business
- 2. Elements of bookkeeping
- 3. Management accounting
- 4. Tendering for Government contracts
- 5. Microprocessors and the small business
- 6. How to start exporting—a guide for small firms
Small businesses can obtain copies from the Department's small firms centres by dialling 100 and asking the operator for Freefone 2444.