HC Deb 23 May 1978 vol 950 cc471-2W
Mr. George

asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department if a contingency fund exists to assist local councils for community relations whose funds may be withdrawn or met by their local authority.

Mr. John

No, but the Commission for Racial Equality has powers under the Race Relations Act 1976 to make grants to organisations concerned with promoting good race relations, including community relations councils.

Forward to