§ Mr. James White
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland what progress he has made towards setting up the Scottish Home Ownership Forum proposed in the Green Paper "Scottish Housing", Command Paper No. 6852.
The extensive comments made on the Green Paper included strong support for a forum to bring together the public and private sector agencies concerned with home ownership in Scotland and to help positively the orderly growth of owner occupation. I therefore sought nominations for membership from the main interested organisations and have asked Mr. W. A. Gordon Muir, presently chairman of the Scottish Special Housing Association, to be chairman.
The first meeting of the forum is planned for 15th June.
The nominated members are:
- Mr. R. Alexander—Chairman of the Scottish Committee of the National House Building Council.
- Mr. W. Bruce—Chairman, Barratt Developments (Scotland) Ltd.
- Mr. K. S. Fraser—Scottish Manager, Northern Rock Building Society.
- Mr. A. Fulton—Vice-President of the Scottish Association of Registered House Builders.
- Councillor J. Fyfe—Chairman of Water and Sewerage Committee, Convention of Scottish Local Authorities.
- Mr. W. Hutchison—President of the Scottish Building Societies Association.
- Mr. J. G. Keanie—President of the Scottish Association of Registered House Builders.
- Councillor W. I. Malcolm—Chairman of Planning Committee, Convention of Scottish Local Authorities.
- Mr. J. Marquis—Managing Director of Irvine New Town Development Corporation.
- Mr. T. McCalmont—District Secretary, Transport and General Workers Union (Building Section).
- Mr. W. M. McCash—of Spiers, Parnie and Adam, Chartered Surveyors, Glasgow.
- Mr. D. C. McGregor—Scottish Secretary, Union of Construction Allied and Technical Trades.
- Major General R. M. Somerville—General Manager of the Scottish Special Housing Association.
- Mr. D. T. Urquhart—Scottish Manager, Halifax Building Society.
- Councillor C. Waugh—Chairman of Housing Committee, Convention of Scottish Local Authorities.
- Mr. J. Weir—Housing Manager, George Wimpey and Co. Ltd.