§ Lord BROCKWAY
asked Her Majesty's Government:
What Member-State delegates have been elected to the Supervisory Committee to implement the United Nations treaty on civil and political rights.
§ The MINISTER of STATE, FOREIGN and COMMONWEALTH OFFICE (Lord Goronwy-Roberts)
The names of persons elected to the Human Rights Committee 751WA and the States Parties to the Covenant on Civil and Political Rights that nominated them are listed below. I am pleased to draw attention to the successful election of the United Kingdom's candidate, Sir Vincent Evans. He and the Committee as a whole will have the full support of Her Majesty's Government in their efforts to ensure that the Covenant is enforced effectively.
- Mr. Vladimir Hanga (Romania),
- Mr. Manouchehr Ganji (Iran),
- Mr. Mohamed Ben Fadhel (Tunisia),
- Mr. Anatoly Petrovich Novchan (USSR),
- Mr. Fulgence Seminega (Rwanda),
- Mr. Haissam Kelani (Syrian Arab Republic),
- Mr. Julio Prado Vallejo (Ecuador),
- Mr. Andreas V. Mavrommatis (Cyprus),
- Mr. Torkel Opsahl (Norway),
- Mr. Christian Tomuschat (FRG),
- Mr. Diego Uribe Vargas (Colombia),
- Mr. Luben G. Koulishev (Bulgaria),
- Sir Vincent Evans (UK),
- Mr. Ole Espersen (Denmark),
- Mr. Walter Surma Tarnapolsky (Canada),
- Mr. Bernard Graefrath (GDR),
- Mr. Rajsoomer Lalah (Mauritius),
- Mr. Fernando Mora Rojas (Costa Rica).