HC Deb 28 May 1976 vol 912 c454W
Mr. Wigley

asked the Secretary of State for the Environment what is his Department's policy relative to applications for rent subsidies by local authorities in England who purchase land in Wales on which to erect houses for letting.

Mr. Freeson

Local authorities in both England and Wales have powers to provide housing accommodation, subject to the normal planning consents, outside their own districts. The normal subsidy arrangements under the Housing Rents and Subsidies Act 1975 apply.

Back to