§ Mr. Forman
asked the Secretary of State for Energy what is the total cost in salaries and fees of the paid public appointments for which he is responsible.
§ Dr. J. Dickson Mabon
I would refer the hon. Member to the replies given to the hon. Member for Carlton (Mr. Holland) on 29th March last—[Vol. 908, c. 345]—and to my hon. Friend the Member for Hartlepool (Mr. Leadbitter) on 19th May last—[Vol. 911, c. 563].
§ Mr. Forman
asked the Secretary of State for Energy if he will list the names and previous occupations of all those appointed to the public bodies for which he is responsible.
§ Dr. J. Dickson Mabon
The details for full-time members are:
Name and Previous Occupation
National Coal Board
- Sir Derek Ezra, Director General Marketing, NCB
- Mr. N. Siddall, Director General Production, NCB
- Mr. L. Grainger, Chief technical and development officer, Richard Thomas & Baldwins Ltd.
- Mr. G. C. Shephard, Gen. Sec. Colliery Officials and Staffs Area, NUM
- Mr. F. B. Harrison, Deputy Chief Executive, NCB (Coal Products) Ltd.
- Mr. W. L. Miron, Regional Chairman, Midlands & South Wales Area, NCB
- Mr. D. Davies, Area Director, South Wales Area, NCB
- Mr. L. J. Mills, Area Director, Doncaster Area, NCB
British Gas Corporation
- Sir Arthur Hetherington, Commercial Manager, Southern Gas Board
- Mr. D. E. Rooke, Director of Production & Supply, Gas Council
- Mr. J. A. Buckley, Commercial Manager, North Thames Gas Board
- Mr. C. E. Mills, Chief Engineer, East Midlands Gas Board
- Mr. G. F. I. Roberts, Deputy Director (Operations) Production & Supplies Division, Gas Council
- Mr. J. H. Smith, Director of Finance & Administration, East Midlands Gas Board
- Mr. R. L. Worsfold, Director of Personnel, Gas Council
United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority
- Sir John Hill, Manager Director, Production Group, UKAEA, Risley
- Mr. A. M. Allen, Secretary, UKAEA
British National Oil Corporation
- Lord Kearton, Chairman of Courtaulds Ltd.
- Sir Peter Menzies, Deputy Chairman, ICI Ltd.
- Mr. H. C. Spear, Director of Personnel Management, Electricity Council.
- Mr. R. W. Orson, Commercial Adviser, Electricity Council.
Central Electricity Generating Board
- Sir Arthur Hawkins, Regional Director, Midlands, CEGB.
- Mr. F. E. Bonner, Chief Finance Officer, CEGB.
- Mr. R. A. Peddie, Director General, South-East Region, CEGB.
- Mr. D. R. R. Fair, Director General, Midlands Region, CEGB.
London Electricity Board
- Mr. O. Francis, Civil servant.
- Mr. A. Plumpton, Chief commercial engineer, South Wales Electricity Board.
Southern Electricity Board
- Mr. A. W. Bunch, Portsmouth Area Manager, Southern Electricity Board.
- Mr. D. H. Walker, Manager, Newbury Area, Southern Electricity Board.
South-Eastern Electricity Board
- Mr. T. Rutherford, Chief Engineer, North Eastern Electricity Board.
- Mr. J. A. Wedgwood, Secretary, Electricity Council.
South-Western Electricity Board
- Mr. G. England, Director General, S. West Region, CEGB.
- Mr. S. F. C. Whitmore, Manager, Chilterns Sub-Area, Eastern Electricity Board.
Eastern Electricity Board
- Mr. H. D. B. Wood, Secretary, South-Western Electricity Board.
- Mr. G. W. Rufford, Manager, Chilterns Group, Eastern Electricity Board.
East Midlands Electricity Board
- Mr. P. A. Lingard, Commercial and Development Advisor, Electricity Council.
- Mr. R. A. York, Chief Engineer, East Midlands Electricity Board.
Midlands Electricity Board
- Mr. G. T. Shepherd, Director of Engineering, South of Scotland Electricity Board.
- Mr. C. Wickstead, Secretary, Midlands Electricity Board.
Merseyside and North Wales Electricity Board
- Mr. D. G. Dodds, Industrial Relations Advisor, Electricity Council.
- Mr. B. R. Hastings, Management Services Controller, South of Scotland Electricity Board.
North-Eastern Electricity Board
- Mr. A. H. Norris, Civil servant.
- Mr. G. H. Byrom, Chief Engineer, East Midlands Electricity Board.
North-Western Electricity Board
- Mr. R. Mallet, Chief Engineer, Midlands Electricity Board.
- Mr. J. W. K. Evans, Secretary, North-Western Electricity Board.
Yorkshire Electricity Board
- Mr. E. S. Booth, Chief Design and Construction Eng, CEGB.
- Mr. K. F. Whittle, Chief Commercial Officer, North Western Electricity Board.
South Wales Electricity Board
- Mr. W. E. Richardson, Chief Commercial Officer, South Wales Electricity Board.
- Mr. R. Cook, Chief Accountant, Midlands Electricity Board.