§ Mr. Dudley Smith
asked the Secretary of State for Social Services if he will list those organisations he has consulted over his proposals for the implementation of Part 3 of the Medicines Act.
§ Dr. Owen
I list below the organisations that have been consulted.
- Consumer Association
- National Consumer Council
- National Federation of Consumer Groups
- National Federation of Women's Institutes
- National Union of Townswomen's Guilds.
Local Government Bodies
- Association of County Councils
- Association of County Councils in Scotland
- Association of District Councils
- Association of Local Authorities of Northern Ireland
- Association of Metropolitan Authorities
- Association of New Town Authorities
- Convention of Royal Burghs
- Convention of Scottish Local Authorities
- London Boroughs Association
- National Association of Local Councils.
Medical, Dental and Nursing Organisations
- Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
- British Dental Association
- British Medical Association
- British Medical Association (Northern Ireland)
- Central Midwives Board
- General Dental Council
- Medical Research Council
- Royal College of General Practitioners
- Royal College of Midwives
- Royal College of Nursing
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Royal College of Pathologists
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Worshipful Society of Apothecaries of London.
- Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry
- Association of Manufacturers of Medicinal Preparations
- British Aerosol Manufacturers' Association
- British Chemical and Dyestuffs Traders Association
- British Dental Trades Association
- Chemical Industries Association Ltd.
- Cocoa Chocolate and Confectionery Alliance
- Company Chemists Association Ltd.
- Conference of Medical and Surgical Adhesive Plaster Manufacturers
- Food Manufacturers Federation Incorporated
- Health Food Manufacturers' Association
- Proprietary Articles Trade Association
- Proprietory Association of Great Britain
- Scottish Compound Cake and Meal Manufacturers' Association
- Sterilized Sutures Manufacturers' Association
- Toilet Preparations Federation Ltd.
Pharmaceutical and Chemical Organisations
- Bio-chemical Society
- Guild of Hospital Pharmacists
- National Pharmaceutical Union
- Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain.
- Pharmaceutical Society for Northern Ireland.
- Royal Institute of Chemistry.
- Society of Analytical Chemistry.
WHOLESALERS AND RETAILERS
Co-operative Union Limited.
Co-operative Wholesale Society Limited.
Multiple Food Retailers Association.
National Association of Phamaceutical Distributors.
National Federation of Wholesale Grocers and Provision Merchants.
National Food and Drinks Federation.
National Union of Small Shopkeepers.
Scottish Grocers' Federation.
Wholesale Confectioners Alliance Limited.
Wholesale Grocers' Association of Scotland.
Wholesale Tobacco Trade Association.
OTHER INTERESTED BODIES
Advisory Services (Clinical and General) Ltd.
Association of Medical Advisers in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
Association of Public Analysts.
Association of Public Analysts in Scotland.
Association of Public Health Inspectors.
British Committee on Natural Therapeutics.
British Herbal Medicine Association.
British Herbalists Union Ltd.
British Homoeopathic Association.
British Naturopathic and Osteopathic Association.
British Optical Association.
British Red Cross Society.
College of Psycho-Therapeutics.
Federation of Practitioners of Natural Therapeutics.
General Council and Register of Consultant Herbalists Ltd.
General Council and Register of Osteopaths.
Guild of Natural Medicine Practitioners. Homoeopathic Joint Committee.
Homoeopathic Manufacturers and Importers Association.
Homoeopathic Research and Educational Trust.
Huntingdon Research Centre.
Institute of Packaging.
Institute of Trading Standards Administration.
Institute of Trichologists.
Inveresk Research International.
Joint Committee of Ophthalmic Opticians.
Life Sciences Research.
Lister Institute of Preventive Medicine.
Monthly Index of Medical Specialities (MIMS).
National Chamber of Trade.
National Institute of Medical Herbalists.
Order of Malta Ambulance Corps.
Osteopathic and Naturopathic Guild Ltd.
Radiochemical Centre Ltd.
Royal Institute of Public Health and Hygiene.
Royal London Homoeopathic Hospital.
Royal National Lifeboat Institution.
Grade Qualification Medical Laboratory Technician … State registration. Senior Technician … … (i) Fellowship of the Institute of Medical Laboratory Sciences, or an equivalent qualification; or (ii) Not less than 8 years' experience since state registration. Chief Technician … … Fellowship of the Institute of Medical Laboratory Sciences, or an equivalent qualification. Senior Chief Technician … … Principal Technician … …
Society of Herbalists.
Society of Homoeopathy.
St. Andrew's Ambulance Association.
St. John Ambulance Association and Brigade.
Worshipful Company of Spectacle Makers.
In addition 350 companies and individuals have been consulted.
The consultation documents have also been made available to the following Advisory Bodies:
- Medicines Commission.
- Committee on Safety of Medicines.
- Committee on Review of Medicines.
- Advisory Council on Misuse of Drugs.
- Standing Dental Advisory Committee.
- Standing Medical Advisory Committee.
- Standing Nursing and Midwifery Advisory Committee.
- Standing Ophthalmic Advisory Committee.
- Standing Pharmaceutical Advisory Committee.