HC Deb 10 December 1974 vol 883 cc106-7W
Mr. John Garrett

asked the Minister for the Civil Service if he will list those bodies for which he is responsible which either receive public funds or to which he makes appointments.

Mr. Charles R. Morris

The Civil Service Department currently makes either grants or grants in aid from Exchequer moneys to the following:

  • Civil Service Sports Council.
  • Civil Service Benevolent Fund.
  • Civil Service Retirement Fellowship.
  • Institute of Manpower Studies
  • London Hostels Association.
  • British Records Association.
  • Standing Joint Committee on Scientific and Technological Records.
Appointments are made to the first three bodies by the Minister for the Civil Service and the National Whitley Council in consultation.