§ 51. Mrs. Shirley Williams
asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department with what bodies he has consulted regarding the report of the Criminal Law Revision Committee; and with what results.
§ Mr. R. Carr
I have invited comments from the following:
- The Lord Chief Justice.
- The General Council of the Bar of England and Wales.
- The Law Society.
- The Magistrates' Association.
- The Justices' Clerks' Society.
- The Prosecuting Solicitors' Society.
- The Council of Her Majesty's Circuit Judges.
- The Association of Chief Police Officers.
- The Superintendents' Association of England and Wales.
- The Police Federation.
I have still to receive a number of replies.
I have also made it clear—and gladly repeat—that I shall welcome the views of other persons or organisations interested in the report.