§ Mr. Bishop
asked the Secretary of State for Education and Science if she will name the independent schools in the county of Nottinghamshire which are registered under the Education Act, 1944; if she will name those which are recognised as efficient by her Department; and what action she is taking to ensure that those not recognised as efficient will have their standards raised to the recognised levels.
§ Mrs. Thatcher
The following schools are registered; those recognised as efficient are marked by an asterisk:
- Angela House School, West Bridgford.
- Attenborough Preparatory School, Attenborough.
- *The Becket School. West Bridgford.
- *Bramcote School. Retford.
- Bahworth Road School, Retford.
- Coteswood House, Woodthorpe.
- Dagfa House, Beeston.
- Edgehill School, Southwell.
- Edwalton Preparatory School, Edwalton.
- *Grosvenor School, Edwalton.
- Hazel Hurst Preparatory School, Mapperley.
- The Kindergarten, Elton.
- Locksley Preparatory School, West Bridgford.
- Lurne House School, Retford.
- Lynton House School. Radcliffe-on-Trent.
- *Mattersey Hall Preparatory School, Doncaster.
- *Newark Preparatory School.
- *P.N.E.U. School, Loughborough.
- *Ranby House School, Retford.
- Rodney School, Newark.
- *St. Hugh's College, Tollerton.
- St. Patrick's Private R.C. School, Doncaster.
- Saville House School, Mansfield Woodhouse.
- West Bridgford High School, West Bridgford.
- Wellow House, Newark.
- *Worksop College, Worksop.
On the last part of the Question I would refer the hon. Member to the reply I gave to a question by my hon. Friend the Member for Flint, West (Sir A. Meyer) on 14th January, 1971.—[Vol. 809, c. 103.]