§ Mr. Arthur Lewis
asked the Minister for the Civil Service whether he will publish in HANSARD details of the full amount of petrol and/or mileage allowances claimable by civil servants and Ministers when using their private cars on Government or State service.
§ Mr. David Howell
The mileage allowance depends on the type of private motor vehicle that the civil servant or Minister uses for official journeys. The rates are as follows:
- Motor vehicles with an engine capacity of 150 c.c. or less—2½d. per mile.
- Motor cars with engine capacity of 151 to 500 c.c.—4 ¼1d. per mile.
- Motor cars of engine capacity 501 to 1000 c.c.—8d. per mile.
- Motor cars of engine capacity 1001 to 1750 c.c.—10¼d. per mile.
- Motor cars of engine capacity above 1750 c.c.—11¼d. per mile.