§ 69. Mr. Bruce-Gardyne
asked the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs if he will specify the respective responsibilities of each of the Ministers in his Department.
§ Mr. Michael Stewart
The responsibilities of Ministers in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office are as follows:
Minister of State (Mr. Mulley)
- Disarmament and Defence Questions.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation.
- Economic and Trade Questions.
- Administration of the Diplomatic Service.
Minister of State (Lord Caradon)
- United Nations (in New York).
Minister of State (Lord Chalfont)
- Western Europe (including the European Economic Community).
- The Americas.
Minister of State (Lord Shepherd)
- Pacific and Indian Oceans.
- Administration of Dependent Territories.
Minister of State (Mr. Roberts)
- North Africa.
- Near East.
- Eastern Europe.
- United Nations.
Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Mr. Foley)
- Africa (except North Africa).
- Information Questions.
Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Mr. Whitlock)
- Southern Europe.
- Consular Questions.