§ Mr. David Steel
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will list in the OFFICIAL REPORT the bodies which made representations to him about the need to retain railway services on the Edinburgh-Hawick-Carlisle route.
§ Mr. Ross
I have received representations on this subject from the following bodies:
- Economic Development Consultative Group for the Borders.
- Hawick Chamber of Trade.
- Scottish Railway Development Association.
- Peebles, Roxburgh and Selkirk Joint Planning Advisory Committee.
- The Roxburgh, Selkirk and Peebles Liberal Association.
- Roxburgh County Council.
- Borders Burghs' Convention.
- Hawick Town Council.
- Dalkeith Town Council.
- Galashiels Town Council.