§ Mr. Palmer
asked the Minister of Power if he will give a list of individuals and organisations, invited or otherwise, who have sent names to him for possible membership of the South Western electricity and gas consultative councils.
§ Dr. Bray
The organisations invited from time to time to submit nominations, 67W as required, are listed below. I do not think it would be appropriate for me to give a list of individuals or organisations who have put names forward otherwise.
List of organisations invited to submit nominations
- The County Councils Association.
- The Association of Municipal Corporations.
- The Urban District Councils Association.
- The Rural District Councils Association.
- The Confederation of British Industry.
- The Association of British Chambers of Commerce.
- The British Hotels and Restaurants Association.
- The Parliamentary Committee of the Co-operative Union Ltd.
- The Trades Union Congress.
- The National Council of Women of Great Britain.
- The National Federation of Women's Institutes.
- The Women's Royal Voluntary Service.
- The National Joint Committee of Working Women's Organisations.
For Electricity only
- The Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food.
- The National Chamber of Trade.
- The Institution of Electrical Engineers.
- The Electrical Association for Women.
- The Women's Gas Federation.