§ Mr. Miscampbell
asked the Minister of Transport if she will set out the road programme for Lancashire for the period 1966 to 1971.
§ Mr. Swingler
The road programme includes the following major improvement schemes in Lancashire estimated to cost more than £100,000 which are being prepared with a view to their being started between now and about 1970.
(a) Trunk Roads
- A56 Edenfield/Rawtenstall Level Crossing By-pass.
- A56 Rawtenstall Internal Relief Road.
- A56 Barton Road to Derbyshire Lane, Stretford.
- A56 Overpass at White City roundabout, Stretford.
- A57 Warrington, Sankey Canal Lift Bridge.
- A57 Manchester C.B.C. boundary to proposed Outer Ring Road.
- A59 Whalley By-pass—Clitheroe By-pass.
- A580 Irlam o' th' Heights junction to M61.
- A580/A6/A666 Grade separation at Irlam o' th' Heights junction.
There are also 3½ miles of M6, 22 miles of M61 and 17 miles of M62 in Lancashire to be completed by the early 1970's, but until the statutory procedures are completed no firm dates can be set.
(b) Classified Roads
Highway Authority and Scheme
- Thornton-Cleveleys By-pass Stage I.
- A582 Lostock Hall By-pass.
- Skelmersdale/Upholland By-pass (New Town boundary to M6).
- A57 Bruche Avenue to M6.
- A582 Lostock Hall Road.
- A584 Preston—Lytham Road.
- Link Road from M61 to A674 near Chorley.
Lancashire C.C. and Bolton C.B.C.
- Link Road from M61 to A673 west of Bolton.
- Internal Relief Road (Stage I).
- Inner Ring Road (Stages I and II).
- A5085 Blackpool Road.
St. Helens C.B.C.
- A570 Marshalls Cross Road.
- A57 Liverpool Road Diversion.
- Goldbourne Street/Scotland Road.
- A49 Bridge Foot Flyover.
- A49 Marus Bridge to north of Little Lane.
In addition, I hope to publish shortly details of the classified road schemes to be 536W similarly included in the South-East Lancashire and North-East Cheshire and Merseyside conurbations.