§ Mr. Crosland
As was announced on 11th December last the Committee will be known as the Committee on Man-rower Resources for Science and Technology, and will report to me and to my right hon. Friend the Minister of Technology. The Committee has now been reappointed and the members are:
Committee on Manpower Resources for Science and Technology
- Sir Willis Jackson, F.R.S. (Chairman), Professor of Electrical Engineering, Imperial College of Science and Technology.
- Sir Leon Bagrit, Chairman and Managing Director, Elliot-Automation, Limited.
- Professor J. G. Ball, Professor of Physical Metallurgy, Imperial College of Science and Technology.
- Mr. G. S. Bosworth, Director of Group Personnel Services, The English Electric Company, Limited.
- Mr. S. L. Bragg, Chief Scientist in the Aero Engine Division of Rolls-Royce, Limited.
- Dr. E. F. Brookman, Managing Director of the Paints Division, Imperial Chemical Industries, Limited.
- Lord Brown of Machrihamish, M.B.E., Chairman of the Glacier Metal Company Limited.
- Dr. S. G. Hooker, C.B.E., F.R.S., Technical Director (Aero) of Bristol Siddeley Engines, Limited.
- Dr. F. E. Jones, M.B.E., Managing Director of Mullard, Limited.
- Professor C. A. Moser, C.B.E., Professor of Social Statistics, School of Economics and Political Science in the University of London.
- Professor L. Rosenhead, C.B.E., F.R.S., Professor of Applied Mathematics in the University of Liverpool.
- Professor J. R. N. Stone, C.B.E., Leak Professor of Finance and Accounting in the University of Cambridge.
- Sir Peter Venables, Principal of the College of Advanced Technology, Birmingham.
- Mr. Lewis T. Wright, C.B.E., General Secretary of the Amalgamated Weavers Association.
Members from Government Departments
- Mr. H. E. Bishop, D.F.C., Central Statistical Office.
- Mr. G. B. Blaker, C.M.G., Department of Education and Science.
- Mr. R. H. W. Bullock, Ministry of Technology.
- Mr. R. C. Griffiths, University Grants Committee.
- Mr. F. Jones, Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- Mr. F. Pickford, Ministry of Labour.
- Mr. W. G. Pottinger, C.V.O., Scottish Office.
- Mr. J. K. Thompson, C.M.G., Ministry of Overseas Development.