HC Deb 05 August 1965 vol 717 cc452-3W
Mr. Curran

asked the Minister of Pensions and National Insurance whether she will take steps to arrange for the name and address of each person reaching pensionable age to be supplied to the local authority and to the local old peoples' welfare committee.

Miss Herbison

My Department has already co-operated in this matter. A card about local authority and welfare services can be sent with the notice of award of pension at the request of the local authority or the local old people's welfare committee with the agreement of the local authority. This is a matter on which I have received a number of representations and I am writing to the hon. Member.