HC Deb 15 July 1964 vol 698 c227W
47. Mr. A. Henderson

asked the Secretary of State for Defence to what extent there is co-operation between the Royal Air Force and the United States Air Force with a view to ascertaining the facts relating to flying saucers or other unidentified flying objects; and what information is now available to his department on this matter.

Mr. H. Fraser

We are generally aware of the experience of the United States Air Force. Some 90 per cent. of the sightings investigated by my Department have had a perfectly rational explanation. In the remaining 10 per cent. of cases, the information available was insufficient to support an adequate inquiry. We have discovered no evidence of the existence of so-called "flying saucers".